The Los Angeles Philharmonic released the performance schedule and other details Monday for Celebrate LA!: LA Phil 100 x CicLAvia, a free, daylong street festival that will connect Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
The Sept. 30 event will feature an eight-mile long course closed to auto traffic where people are encouraged to bike, walk or take some other car-free transportation while exploring public spaces. The course will feature 1,800 musicians, dancers, and visual artists performing at various hubs, along with live shows and other activities.
The event is being presented by the LA Phil in partnership with CicLAvia and Community Arts Resources.
The course's six hubs will be located at:
- Walt Disney Concert Hall (Grand Avenue between First Street and
- Hope Place);
- MacArthur Park (Park View Street between Wilshire Boulevard and
- Sixth Street);
- Koreatown (Liberty Park -- Wilshire Boulevard between Serrano
- Avenue and Oxford Avenue);
- Melrose (Melrose Avenue at Windsor Boulevard);
- Hollywood (Vine Street between Hollywood Boulevard and Yucca
- Street); and
- Hollywood Bowl (Monique and Jonathan Kagan Patio Stage).
The LA Phil said that a Celebrate LA! app has been created to help navigate the event, where users can create a personalized schedule, set reminders for artist performances, find activities and performances along the route, and listen to the LA Phil's specially curated playlist. The app is available at https://guidebook.com/app/laphil/guide/celebrate-la/.