Caltrans begins a series of overnight closures for a section of Interstate 5 this week in the Santa Fe Springs/Norwalk area.
The closures will accommodate the final demolition of the Florence Avenue bridge, removal of bridge falsework and concrete pours. Detours with signs will be in place, and the freeway will re-open each morning.
The closures, which are subject to change, are scheduled as follows, from Sunday night (Dec. 10) through Friday (Dec. 14) morning:
- Northbound I-5, all lanes from Norwalk Blvd. to I-605 (11 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Southbound I-5, all lanes from I-605 to Imperial Highway (11 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Northbound I-605 connector ramp to southbound I-5 (7 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Southbound I-605 connector ramp to southbound I-5 (7 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Florence Ave. closed in both directions between Studebaker Road and Orr & Day Road (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
For more information, see www.My5LA.com.
Top news of the day
Reconstruction of the second half of the bridge is expected to be completed by late summer 2018.