Execs Apologize for Alleged Verbal Abuse at Halloween Horror Nights - NBC Southern California

Execs Apologize for Alleged Verbal Abuse at Halloween Horror Nights

Horror Night Apology

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    5 Must-See Holiday Light Displays in LA
    Two 13-year-old girls appear at a press conference on Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2014 with their attorney Gloria Allred, demanding an apology by Universal Studios after the girls said they were verbally abused during a Halloween-themed attraction.

    The lawyer for two 13-year-old girls who were called "sluts," "hookers," or "whores" during Halloween Horror Nights earlier this month said Friday the issue has been resolved.

    Kayla Beals and Roxy Fisher said last week that they were hurt by the slurs captured in cellphone video.

    The female employee heard on the cellphone video appears to be part of Universal's "Purge the Anarchy" attraction, part of its special Halloween Horror Nights. Universal Studios and NBC4 are owned by Comcast.

    The girls' lawyer, Gloria Allred, said previously that her clients wanted a face-to-face apology, and she announced Friday that their wish was granted by studio executives.

    "They understand what happened was wrong and they've taken measures to that it will never happen again," Allred said at a news conference.

    Universal Studios officials said in a statement that they "greatly value every guest experience and are glad to have resolved the matter."

    The groups met after last week's news conference.

    Follow NBCLA for the latest LA news, events and entertainment:iPhone/iPad App | Facebook| Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Email Alerts