A gunman stormed into a bar in Thousand Oaks, killing 12, including a Ventura County Sheriff's sergeant, before turning the gun on himself.
The shooting occurred during a college night at the western-themed bar in one of the nation's safest cities by a gunman who was a former combat Marine who suffered from post traumatic stress disorder.
Here's a timeline of events from the first 911 calls at 11:20 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018.
Here are links to our complete coverage:
- Main story
- What to Know: Basic info about the shooting, the location, hotlines to call, reunification center info, road closures, schools affected
- Witnesses Reaction
- About Sgt. Ron Helus
- Shooting Scene Images
- US Mass Shootings in 2018
- Collection of Condolences
- Anguished Father of Thousand Oaks Shooting Victim Speaks
- About the Victims Article
- Victims Gallery