A bicyclist who was struck by a hit-and-run driver in Northridge died in the hospital Tuesday morning just hours after the crash, police said.
A man in his 20s or 30s was riding his bike near the intersection of Plummer Street and Winnetka Avenue when a driver struck him before fleeing about 9 p.m. Monday, said Lt. Debra Brounsten of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Valley Traffic Division.
The victim was transported to Northridge Hospital, where he died hours later, Brounsten said.
Police found a silver Ford Mustang convertible they believe is connected to the hit-and-run on the 10100 block of Oso Avenue, and video from the scene showed the sports car with a shattered windshield.
Local news from across Southern California
Police were still searching for the driver as of Tuesday morning.
No further details were immediately available.
More Southern California Stories:
- Booking System Outage Delays Flights Across US
- Amber Alert Issued After Deadly House Fire
- LAUSD Admin Accused of Student Sex Crime
- Falls Fire Burns Near Homes in Riverside Co.
- Curiosity's 1st (Earth) Year on Mars
- Bear Sightings in Southern California
- Parents Accused of Locking Children in Trunk
- Falls Fire Blazes Through Cleveland Nat'l Forest