A bicyclist who was struck by a hit-and-run driver in Northridge died in the hospital Tuesday morning just hours after the crash, police said.
A man in his 20s or 30s was riding his bike near the intersection of Plummer Street and Winnetka Avenue when a driver struck him before fleeing about 9 p.m. Monday, said Lt. Debra Brounsten of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Valley Traffic Division.
The victim was transported to Northridge Hospital, where he died hours later, Brounsten said.
Local news from across Southern California
Police found a silver Ford Mustang convertible they believe is connected to the hit-and-run on the 10100 block of Oso Avenue, and video from the scene showed the sports car with a shattered windshield.
Police were still searching for the driver as of Tuesday morning.
No further details were immediately available.
More Southern California Stories:
- Booking System Outage Delays Flights Across US
- Amber Alert Issued After Deadly House Fire
- LAUSD Admin Accused of Student Sex Crime
- Falls Fire Burns Near Homes in Riverside Co.
- Curiosity's 1st (Earth) Year on Mars
- Bear Sightings in Southern California
- Parents Accused of Locking Children in Trunk
- Falls Fire Blazes Through Cleveland Nat'l Forest