Foul play is not suspected after a burned body was found in the Playa Vista area Friday morning, officials said.
The body was found about 7:15 a.m. in the 5700 block of Mesmer Avenue, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
A security guard discovered the body behind an abandoned building near a wash, officials said. Police said there was no indication that the body was burned near the building, which is across the street from the Los Angeles Clippers Foundation building.
Local news from across Southern California
Police said the body is an adult male, and that it could be a homeless person. Officials said homeless people roam the wash area.
An investigator with the Los Angeles Fire Department said the death may have been the result of a suicide.
The cause and origin of the fire are under investigation.
Authorities were checking surveillance cameras on the building to see if anything was recorded.
More Southern California Stories:
- AM Forecast: Light Rain
- Family Argument Leads to Stabbing
- SoCal Marines Treated to Thanksgiving Meal
- Accused Serial Killer Dies in Jail
- Father Accused of Abducting Sons
- Early Holiday Shopping "Calm" in North Hollywood
- Comet ISON's Journey Past Sun Ends Flight
- Residents Praise Police for Standoff's Peaceful End