A Compton family is suing for damages against the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department after a 31-year-old man was fatally shot last week by an FBI agent inside their home.
David Coborubio was shot by an FBI agent Aug. 25 after the agents went into their home to serve a search warrant, administered by the sheriff's department, for a parolee-at-large.
The warrant did not name Coborubio, but another man who was arrested at the residence.
Local news from across Southern California
Coborubio's family says they're still rattled by his death and set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for his funeral expenses.
"I can't sleep," said Mona Martinez, his mother. "I hope that person can't sleep either. Which I doubt it. I know they don't think twice about what they do."
The family is still reeling and doesn't understand why Coborubio was shot.
"My little, puny, 120-pound son?" Martinez said. "I don't undersand."
He leaves behind siblings and a 9-year-old daughter, Martinez said.
"All my family wants is justice," she said.
The family will be holding a news conference 10 a.m. Thursday in front of the LA County Administrative Headquarters.