An external fuel tank that will join space shuttle Endeavour at the California Science Center began its journey early Saturday morning on the streets of the Los Angeles from Marina del Rey.
ET94 started chugging along at midnight Saturday and arrived Saturday a little before 7:30 p.m. at the Science Center in Exposition Park.
Major streets along the route include Lincoln Boulevard, east on Westchester Parkway and Arbor Vitae Street, north on La Brea Avenue, east on Manchster Boulevard and north on Vermont Avenue.
Local news from across Southern California
Use the map above to explore the route.
Los Angeles police advised drivers to avoid the following areas:
When: 9 a.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday
- Fiji Way to Lincoln Boulevard
- Lincoln Boulevard north to Mindanao Way
- Mindanao Way east to the 90 Freeway
- 90 Freeway east to Culver Boulevard
- Culver Boulevard west back to Lincoln Boulevard
- Lincoln Boulevard south to Manchester Avenue
When: 1 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Saturday
- Lincoln Boulevard south to Westchester Parkway
- Westchester Parkway east to Arbor Vitae Street
- Arbor Vitae Street east into Inglewood
When: 1:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday
- Manchester Avenue east to Vermont Avenue
- Vermont Avenue north Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard
- Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard east to Bill Robertson Lane
- Bill Robertson Lane to final destination at California Science Center
Street reopening times depend on the fuel tank's movement through each area and when utility work is completed.