Numerous roads were blocked by mud, water or boulders in Orange County as Wednesday's morning rush hour began.
The California Highway Patrol said the following closures were in effect across Orange County:
- The Eastern Toll Road, Route 241, was blocked by mud flowing across all northbound lanes at the interchange with Route 133, north of Irvine.
- Pacific Coast Highway was under several feet of water in downtown Laguna Beach, and mud had blocked the northbound lanes near El Moro School in southern Newport Beach.
- Laguna Canyon Road is closed from the San Diego (405) Freeway to the coast.
- Ortega Highway, Route 74, was blocked in both directions east of La Pata Avenue in Orange County, and on Grand Avenue in Lake Elsinore.
- Silverado Canyon Road was closed due to major flooding and rockslides.
- Brea Boulevard was blocked by mud at Tonner Canyon Road, north of Fullerton.
Copyright CNS - City News Service