President Donald Trump is expected to attend a fund-raising event Friday evening in Beverly Hills, prompting a traffic advisory for drivers in the area and West Los Angeles.
The President arrive Friday afternoon at Los Angeles International Airport after visiting the California-Mexico border in Calexico. He is scheduled to leave Los Angeles Friday night, bound for a speech Saturday in Las Vegas.
Local news from across Southern California
The following streets in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills should be avoided, Los Angeles police said.
Friday, April 5
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: The area around Bundy Drive between Airport Avenue and West Pico Boulevard.
- 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.: The area around Sunset Boulevard between South Sepulveda Boulevard and North Hillcrest Drive (Beverly Hills).
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.: The area around Sunset Boulevard between NorthHillcrest Drive (Beverly Hills) and South Sepulveda Boulevard.
- 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.: The area around Bundy Drive between West Pico Boulevard and Airport Avenue.
Closures and Restrictions
- 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Sunset Boulevard between Foothill Road and Hillcrest Road will be closed.
- 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Foothill, Elm and Maple Drives will be closed between Sunset Boulevard and Elevado Avenue.
Note: No bus routes will be affected by the closures.