Several resources are available to victims and those affected by the Gilroy Garlic Festival mass shooting:
Officials have set up a reunification center at Gilroy's Gavilan College at parking lot B while police continue to investigate a mass shooting at the city's annual garlic festival.
The campus is located at 5055 Santa Teresa Blvd. in Gilroy. In addition, a witness line and family reunification line has been set up at 408-846-0583.
U.S. & World
News from around the country and around the globe
The shooting Sunday left four dead, including the suspect, and at least 12 hurt. Police are searching for a possible second suspect.
A Family Assistance Center is also open at Rucker Elementary School in Gilroy to assist those affected by the shootings at the garlic festival. The campus is located at 325 Santa Clara Ave.
Services provided at the assistance center:
- Grief counseling and emotional support.
- Assistance filing claims for state funds for payment of medical bills, counseling bills, and other assistance for victims and their families.
- Referrals to agencies and providers for medical, counseling, and other services.
The assistance center will be open through Friday, Aug. 2.
- Monday: 5 to 10 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
For more information, call the Family Assistance Center at 408-209-8356.
Anyone who would like to support victims and their families can purchase #GilroyStrong shirts and hats at the Windemere Real Estate Office in downtown Gilroy, 7473 Monterey Road, starting Tuesday afternoon. More details here.