NBA Essentials ranks our six favorite stories of the day.
1. Washington Wizards Blog, via Bullets Forever.
2. NBC Chicago. The book is out today
3. Tim Kawakami.
bad back has him in bed for two weeks. The Warriors are so weird.
4. Orlando Sentinel. Magic GM Otis Smith on Kings GM Geoff Petrie's eternal quest for Hedo Turkoglu: "Smith said the Kings have been in touch with Orlando since the Magic signed him as a free agent in 2004. He said it has been a while since the Kings made some offers for Turkoglu, and added, laughing, 'They wanted to give us their trash.'" That's bad pool, Otis. Team pride forces me to now blurt out the following: FRAN VASQUEZ JJ REDICK RASHARD LEWIS FOR $200 BILLION. Whew, that felt good.
5. Riverside Press-Enterprise. Phil Jackson on Trevor Ariza: "He's like a ghost out there. Like a shadow. Just all of a sudden he shows on a screen and he's gone. He's a blip and he's away. He runs the court like that."
6. Both Teams Played Hard. It's the 61st edition of the Carnival of the NBA.