Here are your Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• As we've updated in our original post, the Chicago Blackhawks have made it official: They have promoted Stan Bowman to general manager and have reassigned Dale Tallon to the position of senior advisor, hockey operations. Tallon, in the press release: "This is what is best for the Chicago Blackhawks." What, hiring a guy who knows how to use a Fax machine? [Blackhawks]
• Quite a star-studded collection of NHL players at the Oshie golf tournament this summer, which is run by the father of Puck Daddy approved T. J. Oshie. Wait, a young St. Louis Blues star at a golf tournament? Any of those golf carts start acting up, shoot'em between their glowing red eyes, Osh ... [St. Louis Game Time]
• Meanwhile, Milan Lucic of the Boston Bruins is hanging out with Venus Williams, Dwight Howard and Sacha Kljestan at the EA Sports fantasy camp; where he sent a Telemundo reporter over the boards like he was Mike Komisarek. [Bruins Blog and Vancouver Sun]
• Tampa Bay Lightning co-owner Len Barrie has a Friday deadline to get $10 million and prove to Gary Bettman he can continue funding the team. The St. Pete Times reports that Barrie has "a commitment from investment firm Siraj Capital of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, to pour $350 million into Barrie's 1,300-acre Bear Mountain Golf Resort and Spa in Victoria, British Columbia." So yeah, he might have some extra liquidity. [St. Pete Times]
• A 19-year-old Montreal Canadiens fan has been given 12 months of community service after being arrested in the 2008 playoff riots. Burning cop cars = generally frowned upon by cops. [Gazette]
• James from Cycle Like The Sedins is one of our favorite bloggers, and his "exceed the cap for a luxury tax" loophole is extraordinarily intriguing. The fact that Sean Hannity would kill this idea as radically liberal just makes us like it more. Because there's really nothing better than seeing Sean Hannity getting all indignant and frothy. OK, maybe seeing Glenn Beck doing the same, because he really sells the crazy better. [Cycle Like The Sedins]
• For the blog-gazers: Christy Hammond was kind enough to invite us to chime in on how public relations and the alt-media are getting along these days. Other panelists included Don of Hugging Harold Reynolds (HHR), Brian from MGoBlog, Jason at The Big Lead, and Natalie from Need4Sheed. Interesting sports journalism stuff. [Sports PR Blog]
• One reason to post this image: It's New Jersey Devils prospects Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby posing with a wax figure of the president from "Deep Impact" and/or God and/or Batman's 'Q'. Another reason to post it: The HF Boards thread that hosted it was titled "Taydenboo, Urbom and Josefson do NYC." [H/T Lepore]
• Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice has destroyed on the Jacques Lemaire-to-the-New Jersey Devils story, including getting Zach Parise's comments about being a star offensive player who suddenly finds himself playing for the Man Behind The Trap. [Fire & Ice]
• Interesting take from Steve Ovadia: "I feel bad for Lemaire. It seems like he's being brought in to coach a style that he might not be entirely fluent with. It almost feels like he's being set-up to fail so that John MacLean can finally get his moment in the sun." [Puck Update]
• Here's what Eddie Olczyk should do with the $500,000 he won at the track. [Puck The Media]
• Finally, must-see for Mario fans from the 1993 NHL All-Star Game on NBC: Story on Mario Lemieux being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma and a sit-down with John Davidson.