As an NBCLA.com digital intern, you will be learning from journalists with a variety of backgrounds. There are more than 100 editorial staff members in our news organization and a group of dedicated digital employees.
These mentors have decades of experience and will serve as a resource for your training and future career. NBC4 staffers have received Pulitzer Prizes, Murrow Awards, Emmys and a variety of other industry awards and recognition.
As an intern here, you will be working in the No. 2 television designated market area (DMA) in the country, with more than 5 million TV households across 41,333 square miles. Our primary areas of coverage include Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties.
Our newsroom moved from its historic Burbank Studios location to join the rest of the NBCUniversal family. We now produce the news from the state-of-the-art Brokaw News Center on the NBCUniversal lot in Universal City.
Our website, NBCLA.com, serves millions of pageviews each month in Southern California. Our top stories are shared nationally on other NBC-owned local news websites (full list here). Stories are also syndicated to NBCNews.com, and often featured on the homepage.
Weekday News Broadcasts:
- Today in LA (4:30 a.m.-7 a.m.)
- NBC4 News at 11 a.m. (1 hour)
- NBC4 News at 4 p.m. (1 hour)
- NBC4 News at 5 p.m. (1 hour)
- NBC4 News at 6 p.m. (1/2 hour)
- NBC4 News at 11 p.m. (1/2 hour)
Weekend News Broadcasts:
- Today in LA Weekend (7 a.m.-8 a.m.)
- NBC4 News at 5 p.m. (1/2 hour)
- NBC4 News at 6 p.m. (1 hour)
- NBC4 News at 11 p.m. (1/2 hour to 1 hour)