Pan Seared Gnocchi With Garden Vegetables & Herb Butter Sauce
From: Andy Brooks from the restaurant Brooks
INGREDIENTS FOR GNOCCHI:
- Place the potatoes in a small pot covered with water. Cook over high heat until fork tender. Strain the potatoes from the water, add the potatoes back to the pot and place into a 250 degree Fahrenheit oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the pot and press through a potato ricer into a fine mesh drum sieve. Using a rubber spatula pass all of the riced potatoes through the sieve into a clean stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and egg to the warm potato puree and mix well.
- Fold the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg into the potato mixture until a manageable dough is formed. (More or less flour may be needed, depending upon the moisture level of the potatoes.)
- Using your palms, roll out the dough, a quarter batch at a time, into a long, thin cylinder about half a inch in diameter. Cut the cylinder with a floured knife at half-inch intervals and quickly roll the dough into balls. With your finger and thumb, roll each ball of dough across a floured wooden gnocchi paddle to achieve the correct size and shape.
INGREDIENTS FOR ASSEMBLY:
- Heat sauté pan on medium high heat.
- Add Olive Oil and 1 Tb Butter.
- Sauté gnocchi until lightly browned & crispy
- Add all vegetables and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add vegetable stock & reduce by half
- Add herbs, cheese and remaining 1 Tb of butter.
- Cook for 1 minute. Divide in 4 potions and serve