Three Saturdays. Empty stretches of lawn. A famous garden, and you, bidding adieu to all those peck-peck-peck, Monday-through-Friday issues.
1) The Huntington. The grand-damiest of the grande dames as far as gardens go. Don't make us go rapturous about our succulent love, because we will. Or our abiding affection for Pinky.
2) That yoga students will get the gardens to themselves a good hour before any other guest can gain entry (including garden members). Not that we want to go all exclusive. We're just thinking it must be very quiet in the morning there. A quiet that helps chill out a mind weakened by the week's problems.
3) The class is expected to change locations every week, so you'll soak in a lot of sights. The lily pond is one possible spot, says a garden rep. Probably out, due to uneven terrain: the Japanese Garden.
4) Early autumn in the air. You've probably noticed the cooler mornings, the webs here and there. Nature's getting show-off-y, and The Huntington is one of its chosen stages.
5) It's $65 for all three classes; $25 for a single class. The Saturdays are September 12th, 19th, and 26th. Time: 9:30-11AM. Advance registration is part of the deal, so call The Huntington at 626-405-2100.
6) One more shout out for those enormous, bulbous, spines-all-over succulents. They're so Seussian.