Weekend Dining: Striped Bass with Petite Lettuce
A perfect recipe to impress that certain somebody
Published at 7:25 AM PST on Feb 20, 2011
STRIPED BASS with PETITE LETTUCE
- 3lb. Striped Bass per guest (scaled and cleaned)
- 2 shallots per guest (thinly sliced and tossed with wondra flour and fried until crisp)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 roasted red pepper per guest (peeled and blended with extra virgin olive oil)
- Vegetables, carrots, green beans, turnips all cooked until tender
- 1/4 lemon juice and 1/4 white wine reduced by 1/2 slowly whisk in 1 cup unsalted butter
- Black Winter Truffle (optional)
- Frisee Lettuce and petite lettuces
- Sauté Bass skin side down until crisp.
- Place potatoes on plate with warmed vegetables and top with crisp Bass.
- Toss lettuces with shallots, olive oil and lemon juice and place on fish.
- Add a dollop of red pepper purée and sauce.