Three workers were hurt in an ammonia spill at a cheese manufacturing plant in South Gate on Tuesday morning, Los Angeles County Fire Department officials said.
The leak was reported about 5 a.m. at Saputo Cheese USA at 5711 East Imperial Highway.
Two of the injured were transported to the hospital. One was treated at the scene. The extent of their injuries was not immediately known.
Firefighers evacuated all the workers from the plant, but none of the surrounding areas were affected.
A hazmat crew was called out to investigate the leak.
The spill was cleaned up by 6:30 .am.
The cause of the leak was unclear.
More Southern California Stories:
- Witnesses: Driver Ran Red Light Before Hit-and-Run
- Threats on Video of Westlake Footballers' Fight
- Detectives Investigate Woman's Death
- Search Goes Cold for Missing College Student
- Woman Sues LAPD After Falling from Patrol Car
- Jobs Outlook Mixed for Californians
- LA County Beaches Get Cleaner