A worker found a body while sorting through the trash at a processing center in the San Gabriel Valley Friday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
The gruesome discovery was made at a trash processing center in the 14000 block of East Valley Boulevard in La Puente, the sheriff’s department said in a news release.
Homicide investigators were called to the scene about 12:15 p.m.
Sheriff’s Lt. Dave Dolson said the body is not that of a worker at the processing center.
A cause of death has not been determined, Dolson said.
Friday’s discovery was the second time in as many days that a Southland worker happened upon a body while on the job.
A landscaper in Manhattan Beach uncovered a wrapped, decomposing body Thursday while moving a pile of landscaping manure at a popular park.
More Southern California Stories:
- LA Leaders Seek "Rumor Control" in Zimmerman Verdict
- 45 Passengers Stuck on Train After Deadly Crash
- Caine's Arcade Closing as Boy Pursues New Dream
- Mid-City Fight Ends in Deadly Shooting
- Arrest in Abduction, Rape of Mall Worker