A Lancaster teenager has been arrested in connection with the kidnapping and rape of a woman who was leaving her job at the Westfield Topanga Mall, Los Angeles police said Friday.
Kioki Ray Snowden, 19, was arrested by detectives on Thursday after they served a warrant at his home and gathered evidence, police said. He was being held on $1 million bail.
Snowden was suspected of abducting a 19-year-old woman as she stood near her car in the mall parking lot about 5:30 p.m. on July 4.
Investigators said the suspect forced her into her car at knifepoint and held her hostage for about three hours as he made her drive him to several places in the San Fernando Valley and Pasadena areas, and then to downtown Los Angeles, where he got out of the car and took off.
During her abduction, the suspect allegedly forced the woman to make a withdrawal from an ATM, and he took the cash and her jewelry.
It was unclear where or when during the kidnapping that the sexual assault took place.
More Southern California Stories:
- Beach Fire Pits Vote Pending
- 4 Deputies Injured In Patrol Car Crash
- SFPD Chief: Passenger Struck by Fire Truck at Crash Site
- Prop 8 Supporters Turn to CA Supreme Court
- Body Found in Manhattan Beach Park
- Worker Killed in Westwood Trench
- New Animation Shows Asiana Flight 214 Crash
- Pup Badly Burned in Possible Fireworks Prank