Two people were hospitalized after a rollover crash on a Riverside County freeway early Wednesday morning.
Two pickup trucks collided on Interstate 15 near the Central Avenue exit ramp in Lake Elsinore about 12:15 a.m. All northbound lanes of I-15 between Main Street and Central Avenue were closed until 1:30 a.m.
An NBC4 crew witnessed the crash and called authorities.
One pickup truck heading southbound rolled over several times and ended up on the northbound side of the interstate, trapping the female driver inside. Riverside County firefighters cut her from the wreckage.
The other driver escaped his truck after it flew 75 feet over an embankment and rolled over.
Drivers of both vehicles were transported to an area hospital.
The cause of the collision remained under investigation.
More Southern California Stories:
- Transgender Bill Awaits Governor's Decision
- Mobile Home Park May be Torn Down
- Police Remember Officer Killed in Crash
- Former UC Professor Pleads Guilty to Arson
- Claim Denied in Dorner Mistaken ID Case
- SB 215 Fwy Closed for at Least 24 Hours
- Teacher Pleads Not Guilty to Sex Counts
- Yarnell 19 Memorial