A staff member at a Corona day care center where about 80 children are registered is accused of sexual assaults involving at least two children under the age of 14.
The allegations involve two girls, ages 11 and 8, at Bixby Oaks day care center in the 1400 block of Rimpau Avenue in Corona, about 30 miles east of Anaheim.
Miguel Flores, 26, of Corona, was arrested Tuesday as he left the center, according to the Corona Police Department. He was leaving to transport children from nearby schools to the day care center.
Investigators interviewed both accusers, who provided "specific information" about the suspect, according to police. Flores was booked at Robert Presley Detention Center on suspicion of kidnapping with the intent of sexual assault on a minor under the age of 14 years old.
It was not immediately clear whether there are more victims or how long Flores was a member of the center's staff.
Call 951-817-5789 with information about the case.
More Southern California Stories:
- Free Fridays: Shark Lagoon Night
- Union Head Blames Cuts for Firefighters' Injuries
- "Glee" Bids Farewell to Monteith, Finn
- Kanye West on Kimmel Tonight
- Starbucks Offers Free Coffee to Spotlight Gov't Woes
- "Modern Family Feud"
- Car Crashes Into South LA Preschool
- Dunkin' Donuts To Open SoCal Stores