Be ready for an earthquake with the American Red Cross Earthquake App. Get notified when an earthquake occurs, prepare your family and home, find help, and let others know you are safe even if the power is out -- a must-have for anyone who lives in an earthquake-prone area or has loved ones who do.
From your mobile phone, call "**REDCROSS" (**73327677). The American Red Cross will send you a link to download the app to your phone or you can download it directly from the iTunes or Google app stores.
Features of Earthquake App
- Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do before, during and after an earthquake, even if there is no data connectivity.
- Get notified when an earthquake occurs with notifications generated by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
- See the perceived shaking impact to your area or those of loved-ones.
- Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable "I'm Safe" alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
- Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
- Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
- Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of a power outage or evacuation.
- Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
- Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
- See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area.
- Know what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.