All lanes on the southbound Golden State (5) Freeway connector to the southbound Glendale (2) Freeway was scheduled to be closed from 3 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday to allow for repairs to damage sustained in a fiery tanker crash July 13.
Detours will be posted and the closure is subject to change, Patrick Chandler of Caltrans said.
"The intense heat from the tanker fire caused extensive damage to the pavement, walls, support structures, drainage, and lighting within the northbound Glendale (2) Freeway/northbound Golden State (5) Freeway connector tunnel," Chandler said.
The tanker crash and subsequent fire occurred last Saturday. The driver, who was hauling about 8,500 gallons of fuel, escaped with only minor injuries.
More Southern California Stories:
- Thunderstorm Floods Vegas Strip
- Boy Who Fell in Sand Dune Walking, Eating
- LA Galaxy Joins Fight to Save SoCal Girl
- Woman Killed in Drive-By Shooting: Police
- LAPD Investigates Kanye's Airport Scuffle
- Grandson Sentenced in Home Invasion of Grandmother
- Highly Contagious Measles Found in SoCal
- Top News Photos of the Week