Police on Saturday morning were investigating a fatal drive-by shooting in South Los Angeles after a woman was killed while walking down the street Friday night.
The woman was walking with a man in the 500 block of 95th Street just west of Figueroa Street when four males in a white sedan fired shots at the woman, said Sgt. Linder of the Los Angeles Police Department's Southeast Station.
She fell to ground after a bullet struck her head. She died about 11:40 p.m. Friday, Linder said.
Video from the scene showed the woman’s body sprawled across the sidewalk, partially covered by a white plastic bag. Patrol vehicles lined the streets with lights seen flashing for blocks, and a police helicopter was circling above.
The man walking with her was not struck by the bullets, Linder said.
Officers said they did not know further details or if the shooting was gang-related.
More Southern California Stories:
- LAPD Investigates Kanye's Airport Scuffle
- Highly Contagious Measles Found in SoCal
- Closed for Brush Fire, 215/10 Interchange Reopens
- Abandoned Puppy Found With Tattoo on Belly
- Child Sexually Assaulted at Day Care: Police
- Boy Found Shackled, Home Alone
- Cabin Owner Files Claim in Dorner Manhunt