A lockdown at Hart Elementary School in Canoga Park was lifted Tuesday morning, but a police investigation in the area continued.
Details regarding the investigation were not immediately available. Officers on the ground, a canine unit and a Los Angeles Police Department helicopter responded to the neighborhood near Sherman Way and Milwood Avenue.
Aerial video showed students as they were escorted from classrooms. Students can be dropped off at Independence Avenue, according to police.
Nearby streets also are closed.
Officers responded after a report of a sighting of a person wanted for assault with a deadly weapon.
More Southern California Stories:
- Hart Elementary School Locked Down
- Fire in Wilmington
- Dancing Bear Wows Dodgers Fans
- LAFD Cat Whisperer Saves Kitten
- Kitten Saved From Storm Drain Kit
- Ricky Nolasco To Start Game 4?
- "The Voice" Battle Rounds Heat Up
- Woman Startled by Chicken Head