A man fell from the second-floor VIP balcony of a Hollywood concert venue Thursday night during a sold-out Blink-182 concert, according to officials and witnesses.
Neither the cause of the fall nor the identity of the victim were immediately known.
Officials said the victim fell more than 10 feet from a Hollywood Palladium (map) balcony onto Sunset Boulevard.
Twitter user Margarita Rodriguez, @margie821, wrote: "He landed right next to us!! That was a scary sight & sound to hear. I hope he's ok."
Witness Cassie Piasecki of Newport Beach said the fall occurred during the band's encore performance and didn't disrupt the show - few people initially seemed to notice.
"All of a sudden, this big body comes over the balcony and just - splat - face down," Piasecki said. "I didn't hear anybody scream. He didn't land on anybody."
A small group of people tried to help the man as the people in the VIP booth above reacted in horror, she said.
Piasecki said she at first turned away from the scene, but checked back on the man before he left, needing to know if he was OK. She said he had been turned onto his back and his shirt was removed.
She said his face was covered with blood, but he appeared to be moving and talking.
The victim was taken to a hospital, authorities said. His condition was not known.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Arrest Made After Mother's Slaying
- Man Saw Girlfriend "Fly in the Air"
- Man Wears Vest From Cigarette Waste
- Lakers Beat Dwight, Win For LA
- Brakes Blamed for Deadly Bus Crash
- Toddler Found Wandering Alone
- 1st Okapi Calf Born at Zoo
- Officers Accused of Brutality
- Trail to Runyon Canyon Set to Close
- Hit-and-Run: Man Saw Girlfriend "Fly in the Air"