Man Dies After Beating Outside of Pasadena Restaurant; 3 Suspects Arrested

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A 25-year-old Los Angeles man assaulted in the street outside a restaurant in the Old Town area of Pasadena died in a hospital today and three people were arrested in connection with his arrest. Kim Baldonado reports from Pasadena for NBC4 News at 11 p.m. on Aug. 6, 2013. (Published Wednesday, Aug 7, 2013)

    A 25-year-old Los Angeles man assaulted in the street outside a restaurant in the Old Town area of Pasadena died in a hospital Tuesday and three people were arrested in connection with his death.

    Pasadena police received a 911 call about a combative subject inside a restaurant in the 100 block of East Colorado Boulevard, near Marengo Avenue, at 12:50 a.m. on Monday. Fifty seconds later, another caller said a man was injured in the street, according to Lt. Terysa Rojas of the Pasadena Police Department.

    Rojas said it is unclear how the two calls were related, but both calls came from the same location -- which she did not identify. The combative individual inside the restaurant and the man outside the restaurant were not the same person, she said.

    Joshua Martinez was taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital in critical condition with a head injury caused by blunt force trauma and died from his injuries at 1:20 a.m. today.

    Just before 5:30 a.m. today, Pasadena police learned from an El Monte area hospital that two men had been admitted with stab wounds they reportedly suffered during a fight in Old Town.

    Detectives determined that the two men, Jonas Ramos, 24, of San Gabriel, and Angel Moroyoqui, 21, of El Monte, were involved in the attack that resulted in Martinez's death. A third person, Bania Aguirre, 24, of El Monte, was with the two men and was arrested on suspicion of being an accessory after the fact.

    Ramos and Moroyoqui were rebooked for murder and are being held on $1 million bail each. Bania Aguirre was released on bond today, Rojas said.

    The case will be presented to the District Attorney's Office for filing consideration Wednesday.

    Martinez was an active Marine Reservist at Camp Pendleton, Rojas said.

    Anyone with information on the case was asked to call 626-744-4241.

    Follow NBCLA for the latest LA news, events and entertainment: iPhone/iPad App | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Text Alerts | Email Alerts