A volunteer coach for a Long Beach middle school was arrested Thursday on suspicion of child molestation, authorities said.
Christopher Anthony Gray, 35 of Long Beach, was arrested and booked for lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14, according to the Long Beach Police Department.
The Long Beach Unified School District confirmed that Gray served as a volunteer coach at Hughes Middle School, but also said there was no indication that any of their students or schools were involved in the alleged abuse.
“As a precaution, this person will not be allowed to volunteer at the school pending the resolution of this case,” Long Beach Unified School District spokesperson Chris Eftychiou said in a press release.
Few other details were available, including a booking photo of the suspect.
Gray is being held on $200,000 bail, said Long Beach Police.
More Southern California Stories:
- Montebello Mayor's Husband Arrested
- Dry Ice Bombs Suspect in Court
- Beached Whale Is "Exciting Mystery"
- ShakeOut: Stop, Drop, Hold On
- Report Cites Shell Malfunction
- Water Main Break Buckles Street
- Suspicious Device Shuts Union Square in SF