A father reportedly killed his daughter and her friend before turning the gun on himself in El Monte on Tuesday night, sheriff's officials said.
The shooting was reported at 7:30 p.m. in the 9900 block of Marshall Street, sheriff's homicide detectives said.
Authorities believe a family fight may have gotten out of control before the shooting.
Relatives of one of the victims waited at the scene late into the night and told NBC4 sheriff's officials wouldn't tell them what happened. Video from the scene showed family members along with many others standing outside as officials combed the scene.
Additional details were not released on Tuesday night.
More Southern California Stories:
- Dodgers One Game from Elimination
- Santa Fe Springs Stench Returns
- Employee Arrested in LAX Explosions
- Chase Ends Outside Police Station
- Farmers Market Fall Festival
- USC Cracks Down on Frat Parties
- PM Forecast: Gusty Winds Sweep SoCal