A teenage bicyclist was killed by a Metrolink train Saturday night, fire officials said.
The victim was trying to beat the train and crossed the tracks before it passed when he was struck, officials said.
The fatal crash happened near Palmdale Boulevard and Sierra Highway in Palmdale (map), officials said.
The boy has not been identified, and few other details were available late Saturday.
On Oct. 11, a 15-year-old boy in Riverside was struck and killed by a Metrolink train while riding his bicycle.
More Southern California Stories:
- Burned High-Rise Didn't Have Sprinklers
- Cops: Man Found Living in Pharmacy
- Rescuers Meet Toddler's Parents
- LAPD Marks No-Murder Milestone
- La Sandia's Mole Festival
- Woman Abducted by Ex: LAPD
- PM Forecast: Cooler Sunday
- Taste of Soul Showcases Cuisine, Community
- Not Guilty Plea in Girl's Slaying
- Two BART Workers Killed by Train
- Bob Filner Booked, Released from San Diego Jail
- 6.4 Quake Hits Gulf of California