We’ve got your ultimate second chance story -- five dogs swooped up from local shelters and rescues.
Each of these dogs had behavioral problems that either landed them on death row or just made them virtually unadoptable.
All they needed was some tender-loving care… so dog trainer Bobby Dorafshar came to the rescue.
His training and boarding company “K-9’s Only” launched what he calls the “Pay it Forward” scholarship program.
In the first six-week class are Brody, Teddy, Danny, Spritzer and Roxy.
Bobby Dorafshar of K-9’s says all the dogs will graduate this week with "gold stars."
And if you’re interested in giving one of these dogs a loving home, he’s donating follow up sessions to help the pups transition.
Also, if you know a rescue group of shelter that has dogs in need of behavioral training K-9’s Only is accepting applications of its winter session of “Pay it Forward.”
Below are links with details about the dogs:
- Brody, golden retriever/Rottweiler mix from Dawg Squad Rescue
- Teddy, silver long-haired Dachshund from Dachshund Rescue of LA
- Danny, Shepherd mix from A Dog’s Life Rescue
- Spritzer, blonde Pomeranian/Spitz mix from The Animal Wellness Foundation
- Roxy, white and tan pit bull from Karma Rescue