A pilot was injured Friday morning when his small plane went down on a beach in the Rancho Palos Verdes area.
The report was received at about noon from Portuguese Bend, a nature reserve near the ocean. Aerial video showed the plane upside-down on the ground near the water line below Trump National Golf Club.
The pilot is "alert and talking with minor injuries," according to a tweet from the Los Angeles County Fire Department. Aerial video showed a fire-rescue crew transporting the pilot from the area in the bed of a pickup.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Watch Live: NBC4 News at Noon
- Body Found in Car Trunk, Victim's Son Arrested
- Lamar Odom Arrested on Suspicion of DUI
- Driver Swims Out of Car Trapped in Flood
- Car Seat Adaptors Recalled for Falling Hazard
- Vitamix Recalls Container for Blade Flaw
- Bike-Riding Groper Wanted in 33 Assaults
- High-Speed Chase Ends in Arrest