A Burbank woman reportedly with dementia was found in Las Vegas after her family reported her missing, Burbank police said on Saturday.
Geraldine Sullivan, 80, apparently couldn't find the hotel in Oxnard where she was supposed to be for a class reunion on Thursday, police said.
So she drove back home and booked a flight to Las Vegas without telling her family, said Lt. Eric Deroian, of the Burbank Police Department.
The family reported her missing because they feared she was suffering from dementia.
She was expected to attend a class reunion on at a Hampton Inn in Oxnard, but never checked in, Burbank police said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Hunt for Car Thief Leads to ID Theft Ring
- Thousands Without Power in Thousand Oaks
- Sarah Silverman Writes Obituary for Her Dog
- Police Search for Missing Woman with Dementia
- Taser Used on Samurai Sword-Wielding Man
- Educator Provides Glimpse Inside "Teacher Jail"
- LAUSD Hiring Pro Investigators for Abuse Cases
- Baby Medicine Recalled After Plastic Pieces Found