$75,000 Reward Offered in Fatal Shooting of 80-Year-Old Encino Man

The man was found shot at his mansion

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    An 80-year-old Encino man was killed at his mansion in September 2013. A $75,000 reward was offered Friday, Jan. 31, 2014 in identifying and convicting the person responsible for his death.

    A $75,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the killing of an 80-year-old Encino man last year.

    Harvey Cohen was shot at his mansion in the 5300 block of Andasol Avenue in Sept. 2013 and later died at a hospital.

    80-Year-Old Man Shot Dead in Encino

    Authorities found a .45-caliber gun shell casing in the kitchen of his home, but a weapon was not recovered. Police said the person responsible for the killing is considered armed and dangerous.

    "It appears to be an isolated homicide in a very nice part of town," said Cmdr. Andy Smith at the time.

    The reward is being offered by the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles City Council.

    Encino is an upscale neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley, 20 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles.

    Follow NBCLA for the latest LA news, events and entertainment: iPhone/iPad App | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Text Alerts | Email Alerts