Candles and flowers were left in a Santa Ana alley for a woman shot by police who they believed was armed with a gun that turned out to be fake.
The police shooting happened in the 800 block of South Townsend Street on Sunday about 8 a.m., police said.
Authorities did not confirm her identity, but several people who left items at a memorial identified the woman who was wanted in connection with a slaying in Orange.
Police were looking for Jessica Gonzalez in connection with the shooting death of Jennifer Solario, 44. The Friday shooting occurred outside an Orange apartment complex.
Witnesses said the woman did not live in the apartment complex and was seen sitting in a garage before the shooting.
Two officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave until the investigation is complete, officials said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Woman Buries Dead Husband in Her Own Backyard
- Documentary Features Suspect in Hollywood and Highland Stabbing
- El Monte Police Officer Shoots Family's 2-Year-Old Dog
- Police Determine Person of Interest in Redondo Beach Shooting Death
- Supermoon Draws Eyes Upward