A woman died and a toddler was injured after they either fell or were pushed from a moving truck onto a Santa Ana street, officials said on Friday.
The woman was taken to the hospital with head injuries about 8 p.m. Thursday from the area of Edinger Avenue and Raitt Street, Santa Ana police said. She died later Friday morning.
A toddler, either 1 or 2 years old, was taken to a hospital with cuts and bruises. The child remained hospitalized Friday morning.
The woman in her 20s or 30s was found lying in the street next to the girl, a Santa Ana police official told NBC4.
Police were seeking the driver of a dark-colored pickup truck that drove east.
More Southern California Stories:
- Sisters Achieve Perfect SAT Scores
- Deadly Fall from Moving Truck
- Hollywood Club Shooting Wounds 2
- Breeders' Cup Benefits SoCal Cancer Center
- Free Health Clinic at LA Sports Arena
- Jailed for Pimp Slaying, Woman Is Released
- Operation "Boo" Nabs Sex Offenders
- Standoff Ends With Gunfire