Dog Recovering After Swallowing Rubber Duckies | NBC Southern California
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Dog Recovering After Swallowing Rubber Duckies

An Oklahoma pup had to go under the knife, after vets found two and a half rubber duckies in her stomach.

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    An Oklahoma pup had to go under the knife, after vets found two and a half rubber duckies in her stomach, NBC affiliate KFOR reports. (Published Friday, July 29, 2016)

    Jade is your typical pup, skilled in the art of balance and fetch. But what she lacks is self control, and duck just hits the spot.

    A few weeks ago Jade fell under the weather, NBC affiliate KFOR reported.

    "She was getting sick, couple days throwing up, then we started seeing it progressively getting worse," said Bailey Blagg, Jade's owner. "So we took her to the vet."

    "We suspected with all puppies, we always do a parvo test, it came up negative," explained Dr. Daina Iman, with the Shawnee Animal Hospital. "I said, let's go ahead and do a scope."

    Not long after, doctors knew what they were up against.

    "They found rubber duckies in the stomach," said Iman. "So then we had to get 'em out."

    With her whole staff crowded around to see, Iman found not one, not two, but three rubber ducks.

    "Then when I opened the stomach it was a duck, then another duck, then another duck," she said.

    "Kind of a serious situation," said Blagg. "But it was funny, everybody got a real big kick out of it."

    Today, Jade's back on her paws, and back on a no-duck diet.

    The problem is, only two and a half ducks were recovered, so where's rest of duck three?

    "We don't know," noted Iman. "It had processed through the dog."

    Blagg says moving forward, small toys will be kept far away from little Jade.

    Get the latest from NBC4 anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android