Banh Xeo - Vietnamese Crepes
(makes 2-4 crepes, depending on size)
In a bowl mix all the batter ingredients.
- Wrap with leafy green lettuce leaves
- Fresh Vietnamese herbs or substitute with peppermint
- Sliced cucumbers
DIPPING SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- Heat a non-stick pan, add oil and cook the pork and shrimp. An 10-inch pan is a nice size.
- When the protein is cooked, add scallions. Add a little more oil to pan. Add more oil to taste to make it crispier.
- Pour batter on top of the fillings and spread the batter like you would when making an omelet. Pour batter a little at a time to form the base and add more batter on top. The crepe should be a thin layer of batter.
- Top with bean sprouts and cook for several minutes until the bottom of the crepe is beginning to turn brown and very crunchy.
- Fold the crepe in half. Serve with lettuce, cucumbers and herbs and peanut dipping sauce. To drain oil, put the crepe on paper towels before serving.