Fig and Gorgonzola Tartlet
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet until you are able to cut four 6-inch circles out of it.
- Poke shallow hole in the dough with a fork before cutting the circles to help the pastry bake evenly. Place the circles on a well-greased baking sheet.
- Dice the scallions to yield ½ cup and sprinkle evenly over pastry circles.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges and arrange evenly around the tart.
- Place cut figs wedges (one fig can be cut into 2 or 3 wedgies) evenly between the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts, salt, pepper, and gorgonzola cheese evenly over each tart.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over each tart before baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tart has a golden brown crust and melted cheese.
- Serve immediately, or let cool on a rack to preserve the delicate, flaky crust.
- Garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary and Prosciutto di Parma torn into pieces.