It was a big night for NBC4 Southern California at this year's Golden Mike Awards in Universal City on January 23, where NBC4 won nine awards and the Radio & Television News Association honored long-time NBC4 Anchor Colleen Williams with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Watch her video tribute here.
NBC4's news team won nine Golden Mike Awards in various categories.
- Best Sports Reporting: "Wounded Warrior Coaches"
- Best Spot News Reporting: "Pursuit Takedown"
- Best Live Coverage of a News Story: " Cajon Pass Fire"
- Best Documentary: "50 Watts"
- Best Business and Consumer Reporter: "Stolen Gas"
- Best Government and Political Reporting: "LAPD and the Mafia Hitman: From Killer to Keynote Speaker"
- Best Video Editing of a Hard News Story, Series or Special: "Celebrity Water Guzzlers"
- Best Video Editing of a Feature Story, Series or Special: "Nobuko Miryamoto"
- Best Internet News Reporting: "LA's Nuclear Secret"
For a complete list of winners, visit RTNA.org.