NBC4 Anchor and Reporter Michelle Valles will receive the "Excellence in Broadcast Journalism" award from the National Hispanic Media Coalition at the Los Angeles Impact Award Luncheon in Universal City on September 7. Also receiving the award from the NBC Owned Television Stations is Telemundo 52 Los Angeles Anchor Julio Vaqueiro.
For over a decade, the National Hispanic Media Coalition has honored outstanding local media professionals, artists and community leaders for their achievements and contributions to the region’s Latino community.
This year's honorees include:
Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
- Michelle Valles, Anchor and Reporter, NBC4 Southern California
- Julio Vaqueiro, Anchor, Telemundo 52 Los Angeles
- Elsa Ramon, Reporter, CBS2 and KCAL9
- Antonio Valverde, Reporter and Anchor, Univision 34 Los Angeles
Sports Legend Award
- Fernando Valenzuela, 17-year Major League veteran, Hispanic Heritage Baseball Museum Hall of Fame inductee, SportsNet LA broadcaster and Dodger broadcaster
For more information about the Los Angeles Impact Awards, click here.
The National Hispanic Media Coalition is the media watchdog for the Latino community to ensure fair and consistent representation in news and entertainment and that Latino voices are heard over the airwaves and on the internet. To learn more, click here.