A man who once stalked and broke into the home of actress Sandra Bullock committed suicide by cutting himself during a standoff with a SWAT team at his La Crescenta home, authorities said Saturday.
An autopsy showed Joshua Corbett died from "multiple incised wounds," coroner's Lt. Brian Kim said.
The standoff began about 6:45 a.m. Wednesday, when police went to the residence in the 2400 block of Harmony Place to serve a warrant, Los Angeles Police Department Officer Drake Madison said.
Top news of the day
Police said the man at the home, later identified as Corbett, threatened the officers and barricaded himself inside, prompting a response by a SWAT team.
Officers eventually entered the home, and found the man dead of a "self-inflicted injury," police said.
Police did not say why they were trying to serve a warrant at the home, but TMZ reported Corbett was facing arrest for an alleged probation violation.
Corbett pleaded no contest last year to two felonies for breaking into Bullock's West Los Angeles home in 2014. He was placed on five years probation and was ordered to continue treatment at a mental health facility.
He was also subject to a 10-year protective order requiring him to stay away from the actress.
Bullock, who won an Oscar for her leading role in ``The Blind Side,'' called 911 on June 8, 2014, while hiding in a bedroom closet, telling a dispatcher a stranger was in her home.
"I'm locked in my closet," Bullock told the police operator during the call, which was played during a preliminary hearing. "I have a safe door in my bedroom, and I've locked it, and I'm locked in the closet right now."
Corbett -- who climbed a fence to get onto the star's property at 5 a.m. that day -- was carrying photos of the actress and a notebook containing a letter to her, according to testimony presented at his preliminary hearing.
Detectives described an arsenal of weapons they said were discovered in the defendant's residence after Los Angeles police searched the converted garage where he was apparently living. He was not charged with having a weapon with him at the time of the pre-dawn break-in at Bullock's home.
The case against him was put on hold in January 2017 after one of his attorneys declared doubt about the defendant's mental competence. A judge in March 2017 agreed to lower his bail but ordered him to confined to a mental treatment facility in Tarzana.