A group of students were being evaluated after they were exposed to a malfunctioning diesel gas pump while traveling on a school bus Tuesday in the Glendale area.
Officials responded to the incident at 10:30 a.m. on the northbound 2 Freeway near Mountain Street in Glendale.
The bus was carrying 40 fifth grade students and two teachers from Sunrise Elementary School in Boyle Heights, according to a news release. Seven female students were exposed to desiel fuel and were taken to nearby hospitals, according to the news release.
The students were on their was to Clear Creek Camp for a field trip.
Seven students "somehow got diesel on them," Luz Maria Castellanos said, the school's communications manager.
A second school bus arrived at the scene to pick up the remaining students.
It was unclear if any of the students were injured.
Top news of the day
No further information was available.