Police on Tuesday morning were investigating a multi-vehicle crash that left a child dead and several others injured in Azusa, police said.
Three vehicles and a transit bus collided near the corner of Citrus Avenue and Gladstone Street at about 8:40 Monday night, said Sgt. John Madaloni of the Azusa Police Department.
A 5-year-old girl was airlifted to an area hospital where she died, Madaloni said. Seven other people were injured in the crash.
The cause of the crash remained under investigation.
More Southern California Stories:
- Protest: LAPD Declares Unlawful Assembly
- CA Leader Wants Stricter Internet Gun Laws
- LB Farmers Market Looks for New Home
- Toddler's Drowning Renews Warnings
- Evacuations Ordered in Wildfire Near Idyllwild
- Half Brother to Remain Jailed on Murder Charge
- Ex-Teacher Arrested in Child Predator Case
- More Zimmerman Protests Underway in LA