Over a hundred senior citizens have to be evacuated from the La Palma Royale assisted living home in Anaheim Thursday night.
Firefighters received a call about a gas leak at the 5000 block of La Palma Ave and evacuations began at around 10:30 p.m.
People at the La Palma Royale facilities are sheltering in place.
Southern California Gas Co. crews were on scene and firefighters waited for the utility to give them the all-clear before allowing residents to return, a fire department official said.
No injuries were reported.
City News Service contributed to this story.