Unusually high utility bill this month? Here are some tips on how to make sure there isn't anything wrong with your bill.
- Check to make sure whether there are any new appliances or products that could be using more water or electricity than usual in your home
- Contact your utility company to report the high bill. Sometimes, they will send an inspector to make sure there are no errors or glitches with the meter
- Ask your neighbors if their bills have been high
- Consider hiring a plumber to check for leaks or a running toilet if your water bill has been high
- If the bill is correct, ask the utility company about a payment plan or government help