What to Know
- The Arcade Expo 5.0 will be at the Museum of Pinball.
- Attendees will enjoy over 1,000 classic pinball and arcade games.
- When: Friday, March 15th to Sunday, March 17th.
Pinball machine and arcade game lovers will return to their childhood memories next month at the three-day Arcade Expo 5.0 event at the Museum of Pinball in Riverside County.
Nearly 3,500 attendees at the March 15-17 Banning event will enjoy over 1,000 classic games that date back to the 1960’s. This year Arcade Expo 5.0 will have Kong Off 7 for people to compete in a national tournament and meet the leading contenders.
“People are nostalgic when they find games they would play at the market when they were young,” Jonathan Weeks, event producer said.
Local news from across Southern California
Attendees will have the opportunity to trade pins with other people at the swapmeet and participate in a silent auction of pinball and arcade games. The night will feature live entertainment with music related to video games.
The preparation of Arcade Expo 5.0 comes together every year with the help of 70 volunteers.
“It takes a village to make the museum work, our volunteers are responsible for helping us prepare and make sure all the machines are working,” Weeks said.
This Museum of Pinball is only open three times a year for people. Weeks encourages people to visit the expo to connect with other people and relive old memories.
Here is what you need to know about the event:
- When: Friday, March 15th from 2:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.; Saturday, March 16th from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.; Sunday, March 17th from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Museum of Pinball
- Tickets: Prices varies for adults and children. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Parking: Free
For more information about the event, visit the website here.