What to Know
- What: 15th annual Los Angeles Health Expo
- When: Sunday March 17 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Los Angeles Convention Center
Telemundo 52 and NBC4 will host the 15th annual Los Angeles Health Expo.
Attendees will have access to free medical services and entertainment for the whole family.
Some organizations that will offer medical services include: Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Alinea, Wesley Clinic and VSP.
Local news from across Southern California
The event will take place on Sunday, March 17 at the Los Angeles Convention Center from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The medical services that will be offered that day are the following:
- Blood glucose check
- Blood pressure monitor
- Cholesterol check
- Height and weight / BMI (adults and children)
- Pediatrics services
- Flu vaccines for adults and children
- Other vaccinations for children
- Vaccine against HPV (and the second vaccine will be scheduled in two weeks)
- Fluoride treatment
- Vision test
- Detection of HIV or sexually transmitted diseases
Guidance about different health topics such as eating habits, education about different types of cancer, diabetes or how to get tested for breast cancer at home will also be available.
VSP Vision Care will provide glasses to students and adults who do not pass the vision exam at the Health Expo.
In addition to all of the great health services, there will also be a cash booth courtesy of The Ellen Show.
Attendees have a chance at nabbing $50, $100 or even $1,000.
What's more, a grand prize winner will also get to see Ellen in person. Two VIP tickets will go to the grand prize winner to watch a live episode.