Police on Thursday sought the public’s help to identify the person responsible for killing a 23-year-old woman whose body was found in an orange grove in the Inland Empire city of Redlands in February.
The body of Sylvia Marie Flores was discovered by a resident in an orange grove off Almond Avenue west of Alabama Street on Feb. 26.
Flores was last seen a day earlier at a gas station at Sixth and H streets in San Bernardino, police said.
Surveillance footage (embedded below) shows the 23-year-old at a fast food restaurant near D and Fifth streets in San Bernardino, about 11 miles west of where her body was found. The video was taken shortly before 9 a.m. on Feb. 25. Flores is believed to have been working as a prostitute at the time of her death.
Local news from across Southern California
Police said Flores wore similar clothes in the video as when she was killed, and are hoping the new images can help solve the case.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Frank Rocha at (909) 798-7580 or Redlands Police Dispatch at (909) 798-7681.
More Southern California Stories:
- Principal Admits to Changing Students' Grades
- Car Slams Into Dry Cleaning Business
- Walk of Fame Star for Crooner Barry White
- Frog Blasted Into Air During Rocket Launch
- 9/11 "Bittersweet" for Young Family
- Rapper Pays for Slain 6-Year-Old's Funeral
- Top Daredevil Stunts
- Va. Libraries Vow to Stop Throwing Away Books